Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's a new year!

Yes, I think (& hope) I am finally going to try and update our blog more frequently! I have been reading lots of my friends blogs and I love it because it keeps me up to date on what they are doing so I thought maybe I'd try the same. I don't know how great I'll be with pictures but I'll try!! It usually takes me 6 months to download them from the memory card! :-)

Since so far all I have posted is about David receiving his mission call, I guess I'll first update everyone on David or Elder Hodges! He is doing great. He has been on his mission to the Switzerland Zurich Mission for 10 months! WOW! I honestly did not think I would ever say it has gone by quickly but truly it has. It was just David's 20th birthday on February 1st so I've been thinking of him more than usual lately. It's hard to imagine that the little baby I had 20 years ago is on a mission serving the Lord. I miss him terribly but I know he is doing the right thing! Today he is being transferred from Kreuzlingen, Switzerland to Offenburg, Germany! I used Google Earth and have seen his apartment and church building (well, it's not 100% clear but hey... it's better than nothing, right?)! I love google earth! The kids think I'm crazy and say "are you on google earth again?" when I really, really miss David, it is nice to look & see where he is. If any of you have had a son or daughter on a mission, I know you can relate... the rest of you will think I am a little (or a lot) crazy! Anyway... he is now is Germany - in the area where some of my ancestors are from!! He is also senior companion after being in the mission field for only 8 months! Anyway... I will try and post more exciting things next time like: Luke's 100 day of school project... my seminary lesson for tomorrow... or how to properly clean the kitchen floor! Okay so my life it just boring... what can I say??!! :-)


No comments: