Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Girls' Camp FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!

Yes, I am having such a fun summer.... I haven't had time to post anything! And I thought teaching seminary kept me busy during the school year... now the kids are keeping me busy this summer. We are having lots of fun. I'll post some pictures too. And soon it's school time again.

Summer started with GIRLS CAMP! I went as the assistant ward camp director. It was literally one of the best weeks of my life! I know most of you are thinking that is really sad because I've been on some awesome vacations but being with the Young Women of our ward... with no distractions like the TV, computer and cell phones. It was just amazing. We went to Sherando Lake in Western VA. It is beautiful there but you cannot get cell service. We had to drive out of the park about 5 miles to get cell service. I drove out on Friday (we were leaving on Saturday) to call Patrick because he was coming up that night because the Stake Presidency was speaking... when I got in range for me cell phone... I had lots of texts telling me Michael Jackson had died the day before! It was crazy to think we missed so much... but as I drove back to camp, I cried because I wasn't ready to go back to the "real world"! I loved getting to the know girls, laughing with them and having so much fun. I was actually really thankful I missed all the media circus over MJ. We have the greatest bunch of girls in the NN 1st Ward! I will forever be teased because we thought we had a bear in our camp. The ward camp director, Kim, left our tent with a stick to "save the girls" as did our other assistant, Ellen... I on the other hand was scared to death and stayed in the tent and prayed! It ended up being an albino skunk trying to eat our garbage! This is Ally. She was a YCL (youth camp leader) and one day they had to dress up as their camp nickname. Her nickname was "Sasquatch" because she has such big feet... which she really doesn't but she is always tripping over them! :-)

Another day... Ally had to dress up as a super hero... she choose "Y" Girl! And no, we are not obsessed with BYU or are we?! We had lots of fun making these costumes... and I have to say... she had the best ones in all of camp!!

I don't know how your Girls' Camp is but at ours when you lose something you have to do something silly to get it back like sing "I'm a little tea pot" or spell your name with your butt or anything else that is semi-humiliating in front of EVERYONE! Well... Fatima lost her bra (don't ask the most common question which is ... How on earth can you lose your bra??)... it so so funny when they held it up for the group to see! This is just a priceless picture... it was so funny!!
I love this picture too of Ashleigh in so much pain while getting her hair braided by Alice. What girls will do to look good at girls' camp!
Kara & Nikki are so happy! Can you tell there was nothing but laughs all week??!! Everyone just got along so well! (We won't mention the ward next to ours that told us to "Shut Up" because our girls were up late into the night!) It was such a joy to be there! All the girls from our ward! The theme was "Know the Ropes"! I hope I can go again next year! I have to make up for not going when I was a teenager! Coming soon... Kyle's graduation!

No comments: