Thursday, March 26, 2009

One year ago today......

.....David entered the MTC and started his mission. Patrick and I flew out to Utah with him. It was an amazing, spiritual experience taking him to the MTC. I knew it was the right place for him to be. The experience was so sacred to both Patrick and I, we barely spoke the rest of the day... we were both just contemplating and pondering what happened. It was and still is very bittersweet feelings of that day. We were so happy and proud of David making this choice to serve a mission but at the same time so heart wrenching sad because we won't see him for 2 years and can't just pick up and call him when I felt like it. That aching feeling latest for about a month or so... I still miss him and wish I could talk to him but I have come to the realization that I can survive this especially since 1 million other mothers have done this before me. If they all survived so can I! :-)

1 comment:

Jana's Family said...

I know all about those feelings. It was hardest on our then 8 year old. It was a very bittersweet day. We are into it 8 1/2 months. It really has flown by, though. You are now on the downward side! woohoo!!